Ultra's class leading expertise in the development and integration of safety-critical solutions to the commercial and military nuclear markets.
Ultra takes a different approach to the specification and supply of nuclear safety systems. We take the time to listen and understand the customer’s need, constraints and concerns (for example financial, resource, project timescales, regulatory). More often than not we embed ourselves within our customer’s operational community to develop this deep understanding. As a result we develop system requirements which accurately reflect the customer’s needs.
Ultra are able to provide timely, cost-effective and tailored solutions due to meet those needs using:
- 60+ years of knowhow in delivering high integrity safety systems (analogue, digital and software)
- In-depth knowledge and practical application of nuclear standards and guidelines (e.g. IEC 61508, IEC 61513, IEEE 603, IAEA)
- Experience in working the most demanding of regulatory environments (e.g. US, UK, France)
Ultra routinely develops multiple solution options, each of which are discussed with the customer in order to find the best solution for their problem. The options are typically assessed using a range of analyses, for example:
- Architecture analysis
- Trade studies
- Safety analysis (e.g. FMEA, FTA, SIL)
- Cost benefit and value engineering
- ALARP principles
Solutions provided to our customer’s range from the selection and integration of 3rd party Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) equipment through to one-off, application specific designs.